- to provide support to patients with chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome, fibromyalgia syndrome, and their families.
- to serve as an information clearinghouse for chronic fatigue immune dysfunction syndrome and fibromyalgia syndrome.
- to act as a patient advocate.
- to fund medical research into Cfids/Fm.
- we are an all-volunteer, non-profit organization run by patients, family members, and concerned individuals.
- the connecticut cfids & fm association inc. was incorporated in 1992.
- we have helped pass historic legislation through the connecticut health department. we have also encouraged several connecticut governors to proclaim May 12th Cfids awareness day.
- we publish an acclaimed quarterly newsletter called the network. articles from our newsletter have been republished throughout the country.
- we also have hosted a first of its kind children’s conference. our association has hosted dozens of speaker conferences. some of our renowned speakers have included dr. peter rowe, dr. david bell, dr. i. jon russell, dr. nancy klimas and a host of other well respected practitioners and researchers.
- we have provided information, assistance and guidance to both the chronic fatigue and fibromyalgia communities. our association has also run grand rounds seminars on various topics including orthostatic intolerance.
- we are proud of all we have accomplished. we plan on continuing our efforts for as long as we are needed. we continue our fight until there is a cure